Objective & Mission
To be of humble service as a holistic health practitioner following the traditions of prayer, energy work, CranioSacral therapy, Samvahan Vibrational Healing, Life Coaching, and other complementary medical and healing modalities. To build upon advanced skills in complementary and functional medicine in collaboration with other practitioners, both allopathic and alternative, in progressing a multi-disciplinary, proactive, soulful approach to whole-person health and healing.
Director and Founder: 2002-Present
The Rhythm of Life Healing Centre, Canton, CT (now located in Simsbury, CT)
Managed administrative functions for multi-practitioner holistic health center. Provide clinical care for private clients maintaining wellness, as well as clients with illnesses ranging from psychiatric distress to end stage cancer through combined technique approach to Sacred Integration including CranioSacral Therapy, Samvahan Vibrational Healing, Spiritual Coaching, Visceral Manipulation, Lymphatic Drainage, Therapeutic Massage, Energy Healing, Feng Shui, House Blessings, and group education.
Karen Elizabeth Rowan, Private Practice
Provide administrative oversight of business functions of private hands-on healing and life coaching practice.
Independent Practitioner: 1979-Present
Freelance Spiritual and Energetic Healing
Provide private sessions to clients in need of energetic and spiritual healing.
Develop curricula, teach individuals and small groups, and promote pedagogy that combines didactic coursework with experiential learning to engage students in honing their own skills in a range of holistic healing modalities. Present the unique compliment of hands-on, spiritual, and energetic healing modalities from my own training in a comprehensive learning program that I now call “Sacred Integration”.
Practice Manager/Office Coordinator: 1992-2001
William J. Rieger, D.D.S
Managed patient education and treatment plans, staff leadership, purchasing, patient scheduling, payroll, insurance company communications, and other functions related to operating a robust dental office.
Practice Manager/Office Coordinator: 1987-1991
Timothy D. Young, D.M.D.
Provided leadership in the financial and practical coordination of business for a growing dental practice.
Practice Manager/Office Coordinator: 1976-1987
Edmond J. Rowan, D.D.S
Served as manager for a successful dental practice with a role that integrated people skills, professional communication, financial management, staff leadership, and consistent high-level administrative functioning.
The Upledger Institute, CranioSacral Therapy Certificate: 1996-Present
Earned credentials in CranioSacral Therapy, Somato Emotional Release, Pediatric CranioSacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation and Lymphatic Drainage. Served as a teaching assistant in CranioSacral Therapy following advanced training.
Master Healer Apprenticeship: 1976-Present
Earned the honor to work with venerable healers from India, Indonesia, China, New Zealand, Australia, Africa, Tibet and the United States as skilled apprentice healer. Gained expertise and advanced certification (where applicable) in Samvahan Vibrational Healing, Therapeutic Massage, Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, Second Degree Reiki (Usui System of Reiki Healing), and Co-Active Life Coaching (The Coaches Training Institute System). Attended continuing education courses with healers from Dr. Deepak Chopra to Dr. Wayne Dyer. (Please see continuing education course list attached.)
Samvahan Vibrational Healing Training: 2000-2002
Studied in Bali, Indonesia and the United States with Michael Trembath, International Master teacher of Samvahan, to become one of only two certified advanced practitioners of Samvahan Vibrational Healing in the United States.
Master Healer Apprenticeship & Independent Study: 2001
Gained a private audience to work intensively with Pak Koman’g “The Balinese Healer” well known internationally for healing blood related illness and removing blockages from the energetic and physical fields through the application of traditional Balinese healing techniques.
Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, Diploma: 1996-1998
Earned national certification as a professional massage therapist and body worker from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) as well as licensure from the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health
The Connecticut Institute for Herbal Studies: 1994-1995
Received instruction and certification to practice Traditional Chinese Medicine - Patent Formulas.
Professional Association Memberships
• American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
• International Alliance of Health Care Practitioners (IAHP)
• National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)
• 2017: Article published in the December issue of the Natural Nutmeg Magazine:
Create Your Best Year Ever With Feng Shui
• 2010: Article published in the July issue of the Natural Nutmeg Magazine:
Feng Shui: Creating Balance and Harmony In Your Environment
• 2009: Article published in the April issue of the Natural Nutmeg Magazine:
Autism Awareness: Autism Spectrum Disorders
• 2009: Article published in the August issue of the Natural Nutmeg Magazine:
Cranial Sacral Therapy for Pediatrics
• 2008: Article published in the September issue of The Natural Nutmeg Magazine:
Samvahan ~ India's Ancient Art of Vibrational Healing
Rev. Amani Dafina Legagneur
Manager of Chaplaincy Services, Northside Hospital
1310 Blyth Walk Snellville, GA 30078
William J. Rieger, D.D.S.
536 Main Street New Hartford, Ct 06057
Judith F. Abraham, PT
141 Dowd Avenue Canton, CT 06019
Continuing Education Addendum
• 1975 - present: Multiple studies: Prayer & Spiritual Healing, Meditation, Yoga, Breath, Visualization
• 1977 - 2000: Multiple Studies: Dental Office Management, Patient Care & Communication
• 1987 - 1989: Native American Indigenous Studies: Meditation & Spiritual Healing, Rev. Baskerville
• Feb. 1992: Del Webb Insurance Program- CSDA Cromwell, CT
• Feb. 1993: Center for Professional Development Intensive I, Scottsdale, Arizona
• May 1993: Center for Professional Development Intensive II, Scottsdale, Arizona
• May 1993: CPR Training, Dr. Stefanov Torrington, CT
• June 1993: Business Grammar & Usage, National Seminars Group
• Oct. 1993: Center for Professional Development Winning Combination II, Boston, MA
• Nov. 1993: Visions of the Future, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay & Guests, New York, NY
• May 1994: Center for Professional Development CEO Conference III, Advanced Team Building, AZ
• Sept. 1994: Center for Professional Development Profit-Ability Management, Boston, MA
• Nov. 1994: Wayne Dyer Creating Miracles, New York, NY
• Feb. 1995 : TCM Chinese Herbalist Program - 7 mo. Program at CIHS, New Britain, CT
• June 1995: Center for Professional Development Private Care Conference, Scottsdale, Az
• Sept. 1995: TCM Chinese Herbal Remedies - 5 mo. Program at CIHS, New Britain, CT
• Sept. 1995: Emotions Seminar, East Windsor, CT
• Oct-Nov. 1995: Stress Reduction Program- Meditation & Yoga, Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Program from Massachusetts General Hospital - Jim Hughes, St. Joseph’s College, W. Hartford, CT
• March 1996: CranioSacral Therapy I Upledger Institute, Avadhan Larson, L.AC., CT
• July 1996: CranioSacral Therapy Monthly Mentor Program - Avadhan Larson, Northampton, MA
• Sept. 1996: Interpersonal Communications Fred Pryor Seminars, Waterbury, CT
• Oct. 1996: Intro. to Western Herbs/Basics of Herbal Healing, Mark McDermott, Master Herbalist, CT
• Oct. 1996: Dental Nutrition- A.D.A., Laura Pawlak, PhD., R.D. , Bristol, CT
• Nov. 1996: Chakra Balancing & Energy Anatomy- 3 mo. Program, Nini Gridley, Norfolk, CT
• Dec. 1996: Reiki I certification, Tracy Cameron, Reiki Master, CT
• Jan. 1997: CranioSacral Therapy II, Upledger Institute, New York, NY
• April 1997: Reiki II certification, Tracy Cameron, Reiki Master, CT
• May 1997: CPR certification Litchfield County Dental, CT
• April 1998: CranioSacral Therapy - Whole Body Evaluation Training, Avadhan Larson, L.AC
• April 1998: CranioSacral Therapy - Mouth Evaluation Training, Avadhan Larson, L.AC
• May 1998: CranioSacral Therapy - Somato Emotional Release, Upledger Institute, New York, NY
• June 1998: CPR & First Aid Training, CCMT, Newington, CT
• Sept. 1998: Dr. Deepak Chopra - Healers 1998, New York, NY
• Sept. 1998: CranioSacral Therapy - Somato Emotional Release II, Upledger Institute, Waterbury, CT
• Dec. 1998: Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork- Diploma, NCBTMB Certified and CT Licensed
Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT), Newington, CT
• 1999 -2003: Feng Shui Practitioner Training - Stacy Davenport, Feng Shui Master, TX
• Nov. 2000: Samvahan Vibrational Healing, Dr. Michael Trembath, Albany, NY
• June 2001: Samvahan Intensive - Advance Certification, Dr. Michael Trembath, Bali, Indonesia
• June 2001: Master Healer Apprenticeship, Master Balinese Healer Pak Koman’g, Bali, Indonesia
• Aug. 2002: CranioSacral Therapy- Pediatrics, Upledger Institute, Boston, MA
• Nov. 2002: Co-Active Life Coach Training Certificate, Coaches Training Institute (CTI) , RI
• 2003-2005 : Feng Shui Practitioner Training, Prof. Lin-Yun & Stacy Davenport, Master Feng Shui
• Jan. 2006: Visceral Manipulation I, Barral Institute
• Sept. 2007: Lymphatic Drainage I, Bruno Chickly, M.D., D.O., Upledger Institute
• March 2008: The Brain Speaks - CST, Upledger Institute, CT
• March 2008: Massage Therapy for Depressed Clients, Pam Finch
• 2008 -2009: Assistant Teacher, Share Care Program CST, Dick Larson, L.AC
• 2009: Assistant Teacher, CST I, Avadhan Larson, L.AC,Boston, MA
• 2009-2011: Instructor: Introduction to Samvahan Vibrational Healing
• June 2013: CPR, Red Cross, Southington, CT
• Dec. 2013: Visceral Manipulation II, Upledger Institiute
• March 2018: CranioSacral Therapy Touching the Brain 1 :
Stimulating Self-Correction Through The Glial Interface, Upledger Institute
• March 2019: CranioSacral Therapy Touching The Brain 2:
Stimulating Self-Correction Through The Glial Interface